Where NY music fanaticism and NY Mets fanaticism need not be mutually exclusive. Next year is now, bitches!

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Have You Seen Him Have You Heard?

Ian Brown is playing at Webster Hall on February 26th, and my question is, does anybody care? And furthermore, can anybody who's seen (or read about) the guy in the past comment on whether or not he plays Stone Roses tunes?

His 4th album, Solarized is supposed to be released in the U.S. pretty soon, but other than that, the only un-Roses related material Americans can buy is his second album, the cheekily titled Golden Greats. I purchased a copy of it back in college because this girl I had a crush on told me it was good. She was wrong. Ian Brown may have had the golden voice to go with John Squire's golden licks, but having heard the solo material of both, they're pretty awful when they don't have each other's back. Brown's solo material is mostly faceless trip-hop with his voice turned up far too high in the mix. On the brightside, South's remix (with some help from James Lavelle) of the hokey Brown track "If Dolphins Were Monkeys" is pretty awesome.

If I could have it in writing that he was going to play "I Am the Resurrection" and "She Bangs the Drums" I'd consider going. Anyone else?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home