Where NY music fanaticism and NY Mets fanaticism need not be mutually exclusive. Next year is now, bitches!

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Stalker-Kinney.....

The Sleater-Kinney shows at Mercury Lounge are like, sooooo sold out. Considering they sold out their 2003 Southpaw (Mmmm....Brooklyn Pennant Ale...) gig in about a day (and after it had only been announced three days before showtime), not a huge surprise. I can remember exactly where I was when I first noticed those tickets onsale (at my desk at my old job working for the Entertainment Software Ratings Board if you're wondering). Despite being about 120 degrees inside Southpaw that night, that show kicked ass, as did their opening gig for Pearl Jam the next night (opening your set with "The End of You" and "The Drama You've Been Craving" usually purports for a good show).

Rajeev at Onelouder kindly requests that nobody block his stage left view of Carrie....but I already carved my initials into the floor a foot from the stage weeks ago, so he loses. Man....May 24th. Scary to think that the Mets will already be something like 17 games out of first place before the new Sleater-Kinney record comes out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home